US: Heinz wins support of CalPERS, 1.66m votes
The California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) has thrown its weight behind the current Heinz board in the proxy contest between the Trian Group and Heinz management. The nation's largest public pension fund has said that it will use its 1.66m shares to re-elect all 12 members of the board, a decision that, Heinz told just-food, demonstrates that the company is on the right track to drive returns to shareholders.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw