US: Heinz wins support of CalPERS, 1.66m votes
The California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) has thrown its weight behind the current Heinz board in the proxy contest between the Trian Group and Heinz management. The nation's largest public pension fund has said that it will use its 1.66m shares to re-elect all 12 members of the board, a decision that, Heinz told just-food, demonstrates that the company is on the right track to drive returns to shareholders.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea