US: Heinz wins support of CalPERS, 1.66m votes
The California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) has thrown its weight behind the current Heinz board in the proxy contest between the Trian Group and Heinz management. The nation's largest public pension fund has said that it will use its 1.66m shares to re-elect all 12 members of the board, a decision that, Heinz told just-food, demonstrates that the company is on the right track to drive returns to shareholders.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe