GREECE: Hellenic Sugar nears buyout of Serbian sugar plant stake
Greek sugar producer Hellenic Sugar Industry said it has finalised negotiations on the purchase of a 70% stake in Serbian Crvenka sugar plant for €3m (US$3.23m).
The two companies are to sign a final buyout contract in the next few days, reported the Greek News Digest.
Hellenic Sugar plans to invest €7.83m in the Crvenka plant, funded by capital increase operations. Production at the plant is expected to reach 70,000 tonnes of sugar in 2003, compared with nearly 57,000 tonnes in 2002.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs