US: Hellman’s to use cage-free eggs in mayonnaise
Unilever’s Hellman’s Light mayonnaise is set to be made using cage-free eggs in the US.
Hellmann's Light will be the first mayonnaise product, which is rolling out in stores now, to contain cage-free eggs, Unilever said.
The firm said today (24 February) that it intends to change all its mayonnaise products to cage-free eggs over time.
"Hellmann's is made from real, simple ingredients - vinegar, oils rich in Omega 3 and Omega 6, and eggs," said Jamey Fish, Hellmann's senior brand manager. "Hellmann's understands that people are increasingly attuned to what's in their food and where it comes from and that's why Hellmann's Light is now moving to 100% cage-free eggs, keeping with the brand's commitment to 'Real Food' using simple ingredients."
The eggs used in Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise (and other recipes) will be 'American Humane Certified,' a certification programme administered by the American Humane Association (AHA).
Hellmann's said it aspires to change all of its 'Real Food' mayonnaise recipes - Real, Canola Cholesterol Free, Olive Oil, and Low Fat Mayonnaise Dressings - to cage-free eggs once a certifiable and consistent supply becomes available in North America.
The style of Nestle's management team is usually one of quiet - but determined - confidence in its business....
Unilever today (19 July) announced the sale of frozen-food business Findus Italy to Birds Eye Iglo for a cool EUR805m....
Frozen-food firm Findus Group has appointed Tasha Gladman as marketing director of its UK operations....
Nestle, the world's largest food maker, published its half-year figures this week, numbers that are often a barometer for the rest of the sector. The company's results were robust although it did issu...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review