USA: FTC: help needed to stop false advertising (COMMENT)
The US government is failing to stem the tide of false weight-loss advertising through regulation alone. Educating consumers and rallying the media industry is a positive next step. However, there is no shortage of consumers desperate to believe such claims, or media sources willing to accept any advertising dollars. As such, the effectiveness of this campaign will be difficult to monitor.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti