CZECH REPUBLIC: Herd of BSE-infected cow cleared of disease
The 134-strong herd that surrounded the six-year-old cow discovered last week to be infected with BSE has been officially cleared of harboring the disease, according to the Czech Republic's chief veterinarian. Josef Holejsovsky revealed on Saturday that none of the animals in the infected cow's herd had contracted BSE, although they were all slaughtered on Friday as a precaution against the spread of the disease.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO