CZECH REPUBLIC: Herd of BSE-infected cow cleared of disease
The 134-strong herd that surrounded the six-year-old cow discovered last week to be infected with BSE has been officially cleared of harboring the disease, according to the Czech Republic's chief veterinarian. Josef Holejsovsky revealed on Saturday that none of the animals in the infected cow's herd had contracted BSE, although they were all slaughtered on Friday as a precaution against the spread of the disease.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw