INDIA: Heritage Foods buys Maharashtra dairy
Indian food group Heritage Foods has bought Vikram Dairy, based in Maharashtra, for an undisclosed sum.
In a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange, Heritage Foods said the acquisition would allow it to start "procurement, processing, packaging, distribution and marketing operations" in the state.
Vikram Dairy's assets include one dairy plant - with a processing and packaging capacity of 50,000 litres a day - one chilling plant, and seven bulk coolers.
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- Unilever sees lacklustre H1 food sales
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS
- FrieslandCampina to form "dairy zones" in Vietnam
- Danone H1 profits down but sticks to FY goals
- Hovis eyes Leicester bakery closure