INDIA: Heritage Foods buys Maharashtra dairy
Indian food group Heritage Foods has bought Vikram Dairy, based in Maharashtra, for an undisclosed sum.
In a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange, Heritage Foods said the acquisition would allow it to start "procurement, processing, packaging, distribution and marketing operations" in the state.
Vikram Dairy's assets include one dairy plant - with a processing and packaging capacity of 50,000 litres a day - one chilling plant, and seven bulk coolers.
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Can Yildiz's new snacks unit match its ambitions?
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- Unilever launches dairy-free Ben & Jerry's in US
- Premier Foods launches "first" American wet sauces
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions