INDIA: Heritage Foods buys Maharashtra dairy
Indian food group Heritage Foods has bought Vikram Dairy, based in Maharashtra, for an undisclosed sum.
In a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange, Heritage Foods said the acquisition would allow it to start "procurement, processing, packaging, distribution and marketing operations" in the state.
Vikram Dairy's assets include one dairy plant - with a processing and packaging capacity of 50,000 litres a day - one chilling plant, and seven bulk coolers.
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK