INDIA: Heritage Foods buys Maharashtra dairy
Indian food group Heritage Foods has bought Vikram Dairy, based in Maharashtra, for an undisclosed sum.
In a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange, Heritage Foods said the acquisition would allow it to start "procurement, processing, packaging, distribution and marketing operations" in the state.
Vikram Dairy's assets include one dairy plant - with a processing and packaging capacity of 50,000 litres a day - one chilling plant, and seven bulk coolers.
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- General Mills invests in another US SME
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- ABP Food Group names COO Frank Stephenson new CEO
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale