INDIA: Heritage Foods buys Maharashtra dairy
Indian food group Heritage Foods has bought Vikram Dairy, based in Maharashtra, for an undisclosed sum.
In a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange, Heritage Foods said the acquisition would allow it to start "procurement, processing, packaging, distribution and marketing operations" in the state.
Vikram Dairy's assets include one dairy plant - with a processing and packaging capacity of 50,000 litres a day - one chilling plant, and seven bulk coolers.
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning