EGYPT/SWITZERLAND: Hero acquires Egyptian jam market leader
Effective 3 October 2002, Swiss food group Hero has acquired a 65% majority stake in Vitrac, Egypt's market leader in jams. Vitrac - whose 2001 turnover amounted to approximately US$22m - is the undisputed market leader in its core business with a market share in excess of 60%. "The acquisition of Vitrac will enable us to further develop the whole Middle East and North African region. As well as continuing the existing Vitrac business, we also plan to launch new products in our core categories of jams, muesli bars and infant nutrition," commented Stefan F. Heidenreich, chief executive officer of the Hero group.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- General Mills books lower 9M sales and profits