EGYPT/SWITZERLAND: Hero acquires Egyptian jam market leader
Effective 3 October 2002, Swiss food group Hero has acquired a 65% majority stake in Vitrac, Egypt's market leader in jams. Vitrac - whose 2001 turnover amounted to approximately US$22m - is the undisputed market leader in its core business with a market share in excess of 60%. "The acquisition of Vitrac will enable us to further develop the whole Middle East and North African region. As well as continuing the existing Vitrac business, we also plan to launch new products in our core categories of jams, muesli bars and infant nutrition," commented Stefan F. Heidenreich, chief executive officer of the Hero group.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK