EGYPT/SWITZERLAND: Hero acquires Egyptian jam market leader
Effective 3 October 2002, Swiss food group Hero has acquired a 65% majority stake in Vitrac, Egypt's market leader in jams. Vitrac - whose 2001 turnover amounted to approximately US$22m - is the undisputed market leader in its core business with a market share in excess of 60%. "The acquisition of Vitrac will enable us to further develop the whole Middle East and North African region. As well as continuing the existing Vitrac business, we also plan to launch new products in our core categories of jams, muesli bars and infant nutrition," commented Stefan F. Heidenreich, chief executive officer of the Hero group.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- General Mills issues profit warning