TURKEY: Hero buys out Yildiz from infant food JV
Hero said deal was "exciting opportunity"
The venture was jointly established ten years ago but Hero has bought Yildiz's 50% stake in the business.
The Ulker Bebe biscuit brand will separate from the Hero Gida business and remain with Yildiz Holding.
A statement issued by Hero said the "acquisition is a strategic move to enhance Hero's position in global infant nutrition and underlines the company's commitment to the region".
Rob Versloot, CEO of Hero Group, added: "This strategic acquisition is an exciting opportunity for Hero's core infant food business and will contribute to the group's continued strong performance in the region. Hero Gida has completed a very successful 2013 and is well positioned to take the business to the next level."
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review