TURKEY: Hero buys out Yildiz from infant food JV
Hero said deal was "exciting opportunity"
The venture was jointly established ten years ago but Hero has bought Yildiz's 50% stake in the business.
The Ulker Bebe biscuit brand will separate from the Hero Gida business and remain with Yildiz Holding.
A statement issued by Hero said the "acquisition is a strategic move to enhance Hero's position in global infant nutrition and underlines the company's commitment to the region".
Rob Versloot, CEO of Hero Group, added: "This strategic acquisition is an exciting opportunity for Hero's core infant food business and will contribute to the group's continued strong performance in the region. Hero Gida has completed a very successful 2013 and is well positioned to take the business to the next level."
Organic food and beverages are made of ingredients derived by adopting environment-friendly and animal-friendly practices that restrict the use of synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers. The Or...
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights