TURKEY: Hero buys out Yildiz from infant food JV
Hero said deal was "exciting opportunity"
The venture was jointly established ten years ago but Hero has bought Yildiz's 50% stake in the business.
The Ulker Bebe biscuit brand will separate from the Hero Gida business and remain with Yildiz Holding.
A statement issued by Hero said the "acquisition is a strategic move to enhance Hero's position in global infant nutrition and underlines the company's commitment to the region".
Rob Versloot, CEO of Hero Group, added: "This strategic acquisition is an exciting opportunity for Hero's core infant food business and will contribute to the group's continued strong performance in the region. Hero Gida has completed a very successful 2013 and is well positioned to take the business to the next level."
Canadean's "Ulker Biskuvi Sanayi A.S. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile c...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global confectionery market during May 2014. Sum...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during May 2014. ...
Increasing disposable incomes and the rising number of chained outlets stimulated sales in grocery retailers in 2012. In addition, promotions and discounts on selected items every week when club cards...
New imported products coming mainly from Turkey, such as Latino Fiesta by Zaharni Izdelia-Varna Ltd, Hazelnut Cookies Ulker by Ulker, and local products such as Biscottes by Sobisco, were the key new ...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Why Heinz-Kraft merger could herald more deals
- The challenge of digital marketing and ROI
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- ConAgra confirms another private-label charge
- Mondelez coy on Philadelphia sale rumours