TURKEY: Hero buys out Yildiz from infant food JV
Hero said deal was "exciting opportunity"
The venture was jointly established ten years ago but Hero has bought Yildiz's 50% stake in the business.
The Ulker Bebe biscuit brand will separate from the Hero Gida business and remain with Yildiz Holding.
A statement issued by Hero said the "acquisition is a strategic move to enhance Hero's position in global infant nutrition and underlines the company's commitment to the region".
Rob Versloot, CEO of Hero Group, added: "This strategic acquisition is an exciting opportunity for Hero's core infant food business and will contribute to the group's continued strong performance in the region. Hero Gida has completed a very successful 2013 and is well positioned to take the business to the next level."
Yildiz Holding pursues the goal of maintaining its leading position in packaged food in Turkey, and expanding the range of categories in which it operates to out-compete the rising number of local and...
Turkish food group Ulker saw sales and profits rise in the first half of 2014....
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global confectionery market during May 2014. Sum...
In 2013, biscuits demonstrated a good current value growth, just slightly below the review period CAGR. This is the result of a growing number of new innovative product launches and improved economic ...
The US division of Nestle has sold its Juicy Juice brand to private-equity firm Brynwood Partners....
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during May 2014. ...
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Comment: Kingsmill "youth" appeal bodes well
- BRICs: How dairy deal bolsters Lactalis and BRF
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Glanbia to buy US sports nutrition firm Isopure
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- Arla joins race for Egypt's Arab Dairy