FRANCE: Hero Group to sell French fruit-dessert business
Swiss food manufacturer Hero Group has announced it will sell its French fruit-dessert business to Charles Faraud.
Hero has signed the agreement with Charles Faraud majority owner CIC-Banque de Vizille, with the transaction expected to be completed at the beginning of September.
Charles Faraud specialises in fruit desserts, with a strong hold in the French foodservice channel. It said the move will "give it access to a stronger position in the French retail channel".
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti