US: Herr's Foods extends Texas Pete crisp partnershp
US snack maker Herr's Foods has added a hot sauce-flavoured line to its Ripple Kettle Cooked potato chip range.
The new product has been developed in partnership with TW Garner, the manufacturer of Texas Pete hot sauce.
Herr's said yesterday (21 July) that the deal follows the success of Herr's Texas Pete chip, an earlier product developed by the two companies.
"This is the second creation of Herr's Texas Pete chip, this time in our Ripple Kettle Cooked Potato Chip. Based on the success of the first Herr's Hot Sauce Ripple Chip, it is again guaranteed to be one hot item," said Herr's president Ed Herr.
The partnership to create the hot sauce-flavored Ripple Kettle Cooked potato chips evolved from the growing trend toward flavoured chips and Herr's said the product was developed in "just a few short months".
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife
- Nestle launches global sugar target