USA: Hershey announces losses on one-time charges
Hershey Foods Corp . yesterday [Thursday] announced losses of US$45m, or 33 cents per share in the fourth quarter of last year. However, once stripped of one-time items, the results make more positive reading. Excluding these items, which include heavy investment in reducing payroll and inventory costs, Hershey would have earned US$127m, or 92 cents per share. This compares positively with the US$116m, or 84 cents per share, posted during the same period in 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid