USA: Hershey battle returns to courtroom today
The board of the trust that owns a controlling stake in Hershey Foods may have abandoned its sales plan, but we have not yet heard the end of the story. Attorney General Mike Fisher returns to the courts today [Thursday] to try to force the trust board to sign a legally binding commitment not to sell its stake in Hershey Foods. Fisher filed a brief last week to this effect, and a hearing has been scheduled for today.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry