USA: Hershey CEO explains actions, Cadbury eyes takeover
UK confectionery and soft drinks maker Cadbury Schweppes is reported to be eying a takeover of Hershey Foods, the US chocolate giant that has put itself up for sale. According to the Mail on Sunday, sources claim that Cadbury will enter the bidding war for Hershey, although it will likely have to settle for just a few of Hershey's brands, as Swiss giant Nestlé and US group Kraft Foods are more likely winners of the anticipated £7bn (US$11bn) auction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units