USA: Hershey CEO explains actions, Cadbury eyes takeover
UK confectionery and soft drinks maker Cadbury Schweppes is reported to be eying a takeover of Hershey Foods, the US chocolate giant that has put itself up for sale. According to the Mail on Sunday, sources claim that Cadbury will enter the bidding war for Hershey, although it will likely have to settle for just a few of Hershey's brands, as Swiss giant Nestlé and US group Kraft Foods are more likely winners of the anticipated £7bn (US$11bn) auction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife