USA: Hershey CEO stands firm at hostile AGM
Richard H. Lenny, the chairman, president and CEO of Hershey Foods Corp. stood firm at yesterday's [Tuesday's] annual general meeting despite challenges from striking confectionery workers. Shareholders and management had expected some barracking from disgruntled staff, 2,800 of whom are striking over contract terms. The dispute focuses largely on worker health insurance contributions, which the company says must be increased from the current 6% to 10%, then 12% in the fourth year of the contract.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target