USA: Hershey CEO stands firm at hostile AGM
Richard H. Lenny, the chairman, president and CEO of Hershey Foods Corp. stood firm at yesterday's [Tuesday's] annual general meeting despite challenges from striking confectionery workers. Shareholders and management had expected some barracking from disgruntled staff, 2,800 of whom are striking over contract terms. The dispute focuses largely on worker health insurance contributions, which the company says must be increased from the current 6% to 10%, then 12% in the fourth year of the contract.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO