USA: Hershey CEO stands firm at hostile AGM
Richard H. Lenny, the chairman, president and CEO of Hershey Foods Corp. stood firm at yesterday's [Tuesday's] annual general meeting despite challenges from striking confectionery workers. Shareholders and management had expected some barracking from disgruntled staff, 2,800 of whom are striking over contract terms. The dispute focuses largely on worker health insurance contributions, which the company says must be increased from the current 6% to 10%, then 12% in the fourth year of the contract.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti