USA: Hershey faces lawsuit over moth larvae infested chocolate bar
Pennsylvania-based Hershey Food Corporation has found itself facing litigation after a couple from Springfield claimed that they inadvertently ate a Hershey chocolate bar infested with moth larvae. Michael and Laurie Acton, both 32, bought the offending 4-ounce Hershey bar on 7 April. They ate three quarters of the chocolate before unwrapping the rest and discovering the larvae. Laurie Acton explained to the local paper
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'