USA: Hershey faces lawsuit over moth larvae infested chocolate bar
Pennsylvania-based Hershey Food Corporation has found itself facing litigation after a couple from Springfield claimed that they inadvertently ate a Hershey chocolate bar infested with moth larvae. Michael and Laurie Acton, both 32, bought the offending 4-ounce Hershey bar on 7 April. They ate three quarters of the chocolate before unwrapping the rest and discovering the larvae. Laurie Acton explained to the local paper
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group