USA: Hershey Foods announces first quarter results
Hershey Foods Corporation (NYSE: HSY) today announced sales and earnings for the first quarter ended April 1, 2001. Consolidated net sales for the first quarter were $1,080,281,000 compared with $993,115,000 for the first quarter of 2000, an increase of 8.8 percent. Net income was $78,906,000, or $.57 per share diluted, compared with $71,180,000, or $.51 per share diluted for the first quarter of 2000, an increase of 11.8 percent. The first quarter 2000 earnings per share benefited from a $.03 per share, one-time gain on the sale of corporate aircraft.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China