USA: Hershey Foods announces first quarter results
Hershey Foods Corporation (NYSE: HSY) today announced sales and earnings for the first quarter ended April 1, 2001. Consolidated net sales for the first quarter were $1,080,281,000 compared with $993,115,000 for the first quarter of 2000, an increase of 8.8 percent. Net income was $78,906,000, or $.57 per share diluted, compared with $71,180,000, or $.51 per share diluted for the first quarter of 2000, an increase of 11.8 percent. The first quarter 2000 earnings per share benefited from a $.03 per share, one-time gain on the sale of corporate aircraft.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods