USA: Hershey Foods announces fourth quarter results
Hershey Foods Corporation (NYSE: HSY) today announced sales and earnings for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2000. Consolidated net sales for the fourth quarter were $1,194,902,000 compared with $1,105,838,000 for the fourth quarter of 1999. Net income for the fourth quarter of 2000 was $115,962,000, or $.84 per share diluted, compared with $98,007,000, or $.70 per share diluted, for the comparable period in 1999, an EPS increase of 20.0 percent. No operating results from the acquisition of the mint and gum businesses of Nabisco, Inc. were included in the fourth quarter of 2000, as the transaction was completed very late in the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins