USA: Hershey Foods announces fourth quarter results
Hershey Foods Corporation (NYSE: HSY) today announced sales and earnings for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2000. Consolidated net sales for the fourth quarter were $1,194,902,000 compared with $1,105,838,000 for the fourth quarter of 1999. Net income for the fourth quarter of 2000 was $115,962,000, or $.84 per share diluted, compared with $98,007,000, or $.70 per share diluted, for the comparable period in 1999, an EPS increase of 20.0 percent. No operating results from the acquisition of the mint and gum businesses of Nabisco, Inc. were included in the fourth quarter of 2000, as the transaction was completed very late in the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch