USA: Hershey Foods announces fourth quarter results
Hershey Foods Corporation (NYSE: HSY) today announced sales and earnings for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2000. Consolidated net sales for the fourth quarter were $1,194,902,000 compared with $1,105,838,000 for the fourth quarter of 1999. Net income for the fourth quarter of 2000 was $115,962,000, or $.84 per share diluted, compared with $98,007,000, or $.70 per share diluted, for the comparable period in 1999, an EPS increase of 20.0 percent. No operating results from the acquisition of the mint and gum businesses of Nabisco, Inc. were included in the fourth quarter of 2000, as the transaction was completed very late in the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw