USA: Hershey Foods completes acquisition of Nabisco's intense and breath freshener mints and gum businesses
Hershey Foods Corporation (NYSE: HSY) announced on Friday (15 December) that it has completed the purchase of Nabisco's intense and breath freshener mints and gum businesses. As previously disclosed, Hershey paid $135 million to acquire the businesses, including Ice Breakers and Breath Savers Cool Blasts intense mints, Breath Savers mints, and Ice Breakers, Care*free, Stick*free, Bubble Yum and Fruit Stripe gums. Also included in the purchase is Nabisco's gum-manufacturing plant in Las Piedras, Puerto Rico. The businesses had 1999 sales of approximately $270 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report