USA: Hershey Foods completes acquisition of Nabisco's intense and breath freshener mints and gum businesses
Hershey Foods Corporation (NYSE: HSY) announced on Friday (15 December) that it has completed the purchase of Nabisco's intense and breath freshener mints and gum businesses. As previously disclosed, Hershey paid $135 million to acquire the businesses, including Ice Breakers and Breath Savers Cool Blasts intense mints, Breath Savers mints, and Ice Breakers, Care*free, Stick*free, Bubble Yum and Fruit Stripe gums. Also included in the purchase is Nabisco's gum-manufacturing plant in Las Piedras, Puerto Rico. The businesses had 1999 sales of approximately $270 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry