USA: Hershey Foods completes acquisition of Nabisco's intense and breath freshener mints and gum businesses
Hershey Foods Corporation (NYSE: HSY) announced on Friday (15 December) that it has completed the purchase of Nabisco's intense and breath freshener mints and gum businesses. As previously disclosed, Hershey paid $135 million to acquire the businesses, including Ice Breakers and Breath Savers Cool Blasts intense mints, Breath Savers mints, and Ice Breakers, Care*free, Stick*free, Bubble Yum and Fruit Stripe gums. Also included in the purchase is Nabisco's gum-manufacturing plant in Las Piedras, Puerto Rico. The businesses had 1999 sales of approximately $270 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review