US: Hershey in "multi-year" 3D printing initiative
Hershey, 3DS exploring 3D printing in confectionery
US confectioner Hershey is working with 3D printing firm 3D Systems on a "multi-year initiative" to examine the potential uses of 3D printing in the confectionery sector.
"Hershey and 3DS have entered into partnership to explore edible 3D printing," a Hershey spokesperson confirmed. "It's too early to speculate on the potential outcomes of this work."
3DS said the joint development agreement is focused on the opportunities to use 3D printing technology in creating edible foods, including "confectionery treats".
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Pinnacle Foods names Mondelez's Mark Clouse CEO
- Kerry foods Q1 volumes lifted by NPD