US: Hershey in "multi-year" 3D printing initiative
Hershey, 3DS exploring 3D printing in confectionery
US confectioner Hershey is working with 3D printing firm 3D Systems on a "multi-year initiative" to examine the potential uses of 3D printing in the confectionery sector.
"Hershey and 3DS have entered into partnership to explore edible 3D printing," a Hershey spokesperson confirmed. "It's too early to speculate on the potential outcomes of this work."
3DS said the joint development agreement is focused on the opportunities to use 3D printing technology in creating edible foods, including "confectionery treats".
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site