US: Hershey in "multi-year" 3D printing initiative
Hershey, 3DS exploring 3D printing in confectionery
US confectioner Hershey is working with 3D printing firm 3D Systems on a "multi-year initiative" to examine the potential uses of 3D printing in the confectionery sector.
"Hershey and 3DS have entered into partnership to explore edible 3D printing," a Hershey spokesperson confirmed. "It's too early to speculate on the potential outcomes of this work."
3DS said the joint development agreement is focused on the opportunities to use 3D printing technology in creating edible foods, including "confectionery treats".
Hershey will benefit from strong value growth in the United States, which is the company’s central focus. Whilst a justified criticism would be that there is too much reliance on the US, there have be...
The company is looking to continue its strategy of “predictable, profitable and sustainable North American business”. In order to reach this goal, Hershey is investing more heavily in advertising and ...
"The Future of the Syrups & Spreads Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market ...
"The Future of the Syrups & Spreads Market in Italy to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company r...
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- What could be benefit of US approval of GM salmon?
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- "Serious" suitors lined up for Chicken of The Sea
- Unilever sets 2030 carbon positive goal
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs