US: Hershey launches "breakthrough" Ice Breakers line
Hershey has developed a line for its Ice Breakers gum and mint candy range it claims will bring "a whole new experience to refreshment".
The US confectionery giant describes Ice Breakers Cool Blasts as "a quick dissolving chew with a unique, soft and chewy texture that provides a cool blast of instant freshness".
Michele Buck, president of Hershey's North American business, said, the new line is "a product that chews like a gum but dissolves like a mint" and was developed with the company reacting to falling gum sales in the US.
"Recent declines in the gum segment indicate that some consumers are looking for another breath-freshening solution, one that provides some of the attributes of gum, yet with some different benefits. These consumers are looking for discrete breath cleansing without continuous chewing and without the need for disposal," Buck told the Consumer Analyst Group of New York conference last week.
The Hershey Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
Canadean's "The Hershey Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contain...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Hershey has intensified its international market expansion, although the process remains slow paced and largely organic. It mainly targets the Asia Pacific and European markets, while delivering high ...
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- Yildiz Holding "draws bids for dairy arm Ak Gida"
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth