US: Hershey launches "breakthrough" Ice Breakers line
Hershey has developed a line for its Ice Breakers gum and mint candy range it claims will bring "a whole new experience to refreshment".
The US confectionery giant describes Ice Breakers Cool Blasts as "a quick dissolving chew with a unique, soft and chewy texture that provides a cool blast of instant freshness".
Michele Buck, president of Hershey's North American business, said, the new line is "a product that chews like a gum but dissolves like a mint" and was developed with the company reacting to falling gum sales in the US.
"Recent declines in the gum segment indicate that some consumers are looking for another breath-freshening solution, one that provides some of the attributes of gum, yet with some different benefits. These consumers are looking for discrete breath cleansing without continuous chewing and without the need for disposal," Buck told the Consumer Analyst Group of New York conference last week.
Nestle is aiming to grab sales in the US liquorice category through its latest NPD for candy brand Sweetarts....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Europe's food firms slam French origin labels plan
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights