USA: Hershey - like taking candy from a baby - COMMENT (Members)
Hershey's Q2 net income has risen 31% to $53.4 million. Hershey's seems to be on a roll, with reduced costs, better efficiency and strong sales growth, but it can't afford to rest on its laurels. Its competitors are raising advertising expenditure and competition may well get more intense, especially in the US as the summer winds down and holiday season approaches.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw