USA: Hershey - price hike may not be enough - COMMENT
Hershey Foods has announced plans to raise prices in order to boost revenues. The US candy maker has been experiencing slow growth lately. Hershey hopes that consumers will remain loyal despite this hike in chocolate prices - and it may well be right. However, more innovative measures, such as the launch of its new Jolly Rancher Fruit Chews product, will be needed to keep consumers interested in the long term.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti