USA: Hershey - price hike may not be enough - COMMENT
Hershey Foods has announced plans to raise prices in order to boost revenues. The US candy maker has been experiencing slow growth lately. Hershey hopes that consumers will remain loyal despite this hike in chocolate prices - and it may well be right. However, more innovative measures, such as the launch of its new Jolly Rancher Fruit Chews product, will be needed to keep consumers interested in the long term.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail