USA: Hershey - price hike may not be enough - COMMENT
Hershey Foods has announced plans to raise prices in order to boost revenues. The US candy maker has been experiencing slow growth lately. Hershey hopes that consumers will remain loyal despite this hike in chocolate prices - and it may well be right. However, more innovative measures, such as the launch of its new Jolly Rancher Fruit Chews product, will be needed to keep consumers interested in the long term.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units