USA: Hershey sales faces legal obstacles
Lawmakers in Pennsylvania are seeking ways to block the sale of Hershey Foods. The company has come in for stiff opposition since it effectively put itself up for sale last month. According to an article by the Associated Press and Dow Jones, legislative leaders are exploring the possibility of changing a state law governing charitable trusts that would keep the trust company that owns Hershey from selling its control of the nation's largest confectioner.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre