USA: Hershey sales faces legal obstacles
Lawmakers in Pennsylvania are seeking ways to block the sale of Hershey Foods. The company has come in for stiff opposition since it effectively put itself up for sale last month. According to an article by the Associated Press and Dow Jones, legislative leaders are exploring the possibility of changing a state law governing charitable trusts that would keep the trust company that owns Hershey from selling its control of the nation's largest confectioner.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife