USA: Hershey sales faces legal obstacles
Lawmakers in Pennsylvania are seeking ways to block the sale of Hershey Foods. The company has come in for stiff opposition since it effectively put itself up for sale last month. According to an article by the Associated Press and Dow Jones, legislative leaders are exploring the possibility of changing a state law governing charitable trusts that would keep the trust company that owns Hershey from selling its control of the nation's largest confectioner.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth