US: Hershey silent over Russell Stover Candies buy rumour
Hershey has refused to comment on speculation it is one of the parties interested in buying Russell Stover Candies
Hershey has refused to be drawn on speculation it is one of the bidders looking to acquire US confectioner Russell Stover Candies.
According to a report carried by the Wall Street Journal, citing "people familiar with the matter" Hershey, Yildiz Holding and private equity firms have expressed an interest in the confectionery firm.
In email correspondence with just-food, a spokesperson for Hershey said: "Unfortunately, I can't provide answers to your questions. As a matter of company policy, we do not comment on rumors or speculation".
Russell Stover is best known for its boxed chocolate brands Russell Stover, Whitman's and Pangburn's. According to its website every 2.5 seconds, a Whitman's Sampler box of chocolates is sold.
The firm has reportedly hired Goldman Sachs to find a buyer for it and several bidders are reported to have submitted first round offers in excess of US$1bn.
Goldman Sachs and Yildiz Holding did not respond to requests for comment.
The Hershey Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
Canadean's "The Hershey Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contain...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Yildiz Holding pursues the goal of maintaining its leading position in packaged food in Turkey, and expanding the range of categories in which it operates to out-compete the rising number of local and...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Yildiz prepares to list dairy arm AK Gida
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits