US: Hershey silent over Russell Stover Candies buy rumour
Hershey has refused to comment on speculation it is one of the parties interested in buying Russell Stover Candies
Hershey has refused to be drawn on speculation it is one of the bidders looking to acquire US confectioner Russell Stover Candies.
According to a report carried by the Wall Street Journal, citing "people familiar with the matter" Hershey, Yildiz Holding and private equity firms have expressed an interest in the confectionery firm.
In email correspondence with just-food, a spokesperson for Hershey said: "Unfortunately, I can't provide answers to your questions. As a matter of company policy, we do not comment on rumors or speculation".
Russell Stover is best known for its boxed chocolate brands Russell Stover, Whitman's and Pangburn's. According to its website every 2.5 seconds, a Whitman's Sampler box of chocolates is sold.
The firm has reportedly hired Goldman Sachs to find a buyer for it and several bidders are reported to have submitted first round offers in excess of US$1bn.
Goldman Sachs and Yildiz Holding did not respond to requests for comment.
The Hershey Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
Hershey will benefit from strong value growth in the United States, which is the company’s central focus. Whilst a justified criticism would be that there is too much reliance on the US, there have be...
The company is looking to continue its strategy of “predictable, profitable and sustainable North American business”. In order to reach this goal, Hershey is investing more heavily in advertising and ...
"The Future of the Syrups & Spreads Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market ...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019