US: Hershey takes on Nutella, Jif with move into spreads
Traditionally famous for chocolate, Hershey has entered the spreadable chocolate game with its Hershey's Spreads launch
US chocolate giant Hershey has moved into the spreads category in its domestic market.
Competing with the likes of Nutella and J.M Smucker Co's Jif hazelnut spreads, Hershey's Spreads will be available in three varieties: chocolate, chocolate with almond and chocolate with hazelnut.
As well as its core chocolate bars, Hershey also carries syrups and cocoa within its portfolio of products. The spreads will retail at US$3.79.
Hershey has specified its product as a "snack enhancer" to be used with products from crackers to fruit or "more adventurous pairings" like celery and pickles.
"The average American snacks more than two times a day and what better way to transform everyday snacks into delicious treats, than with the genuine chocolate flavour that only Hershey can deliver," said Anna Lingeris, spokesperson, The Hershey Company.
The company is to launch an extensive marketing campaign to support the launch of the new product.
Hershey, PA - Jan. 15, 2014 - Today The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY) announced it is launching Hershey'sTM Spreads, a new line of chocolate spreads. Inspired by Hershey's® pure chocolate flavor, the creamy, rich spreads will be available in three varieties: Chocolate, Chocolate with Almond and Chocolate with Hazelnut.
Dating back to 1894, The Hershey Company has a legacy of creating chocolate experiences, from the iconic Hershey's® Milk Chocolate Bar to Hershey's® Syrup and Hershey's® Cocoa. Hershey's Spreads will continue this legacy with the introduction of chocolate spreads that can turn any food into a unique chocolate snacking experience. Hershey's Spreads deliver genuine Hershey's® chocolate flavor to any food, anytime, anywhere.
"The average American snacks more than two times a day and what better way to transform everyday snacks into delicious treats, than with the genuine chocolate flavor that only Hershey can deliver," said Anna Lingeris, spokesperson, The Hershey Company. "We have been delivering genuine chocolate experiences in a variety of forms for 120 years and our legacy as the leader in chocolate continues with Hershey's Spreads."
Hershey's Spreads will make everything delicious through seemingly endless pairing possibilities. Whether pairing with traditional selections such as graham crackers, strawberries or bananas, or more adventurous pairings like celery, pineapple or pickles, Hershey's Spreads is the ultimate snack enhancer.
Hershey's Spreads are now available nationwide at food, mass, drug and convenience stores and will be offered in 13oz jars that retail for $3.79. The new product will be supported by a robust integrated marketing campaign that began in the fourth quarter of 2013 and will continue through 2014.
Original source: Hershey
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit - Europe's food makers call result "a blow"
- Brexit - Irish food export agency sounds warning
- German dairy group DMK names Ingo Mueller new CEO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights