US: Hershey "to close Pennsylvania plant"
US candy giant Hershey is reportedly set to close a plant in Pennsylvania with the loss of 260 jobs.
Hershey, the largest candy maker in the US, plans to close its site in the town of Reading, local reports said today (24 April).
The move comes as part of a wider restructuring process at the company. In February, Hershey announced plans to overhaul its supply chain with the loss of 1,500 jobs.
The programme also outlines plans to cut a third of Hershey's production lines over the next three years.
Officials at Hershey were unavailable for comment as just-food went to press.
Recent remarks from the Hershey Trust have again raised the question of whether its resistance to yielding control of the US confectionery company is ultimately damaging its prospects. As Cadbury Schw...
David West, the man set to become Hershey's new chief executive, will be hoping life is sweet at the helm of the US confectionery giant....
The Hershey Company has reported a fall in earnings for its third quarter and lowered its full year estimates....
The Hershey Trust, the charitable trust which controls US confectioner Hershey Co., has refused to be drawn on claims it met Cadbury Schweppes executives last month to discuss a possible merger....
The Hershey Trust, the charitable trust which controls US confectionery Hershey Co., may be prepared to relax its views on a deal that could deliver the growth analysts and investors have been calling...
Swiss chocolate producer Barry Callebaut has bought a cocoa factory in the US in a move to meet growing customer demand for the company's products....
South Korea's Lotte Confectionery Co. has struck a deal to buy 30% of Vietnamese snack firm Bibica for KRW17bn (US$18.5m)....
US chocolate and confectionery company Hershey has moved quickly to fill the vacancy created by the retirement of CEO Richard Lenny....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review