US: Hershey to launch international push
Hershey is rolling out products into Asda stores next year
According to a report in the Financial Times yesterday (7 December), Hershey will see products including Hershey's Kisses in the UK and Europe next year.
Hershey products are sold on a limited basis in the UK but the deal with Wal-Mart will give the chocolate maker a stronger presence in the market. A Wal-Mart spokesman declined to comment when contacted by just-food.
A spokesperson for Hershey confirmed to just-food that the company's products would be "rolled out" in Asda stores next year, although he declined to comment on which lines.
However, the Hershey spokesperson added: "Hershey has a very strong, collaborative relationship with Wal-Mart, both in the United States and internationally. We are working closely with Wal-Mart international to deliver our iconic brands to key global markets through their outlets as it makes sense."
The agreement is part of Hershey's bid to reduce its dependence on a mature US market. The company has made inroads into countries like Mexico and India but is still seen as too reliant on its domestic market.
The FT added that Hershey had established a European subsidiary in London this summer and is also recruiting for a manager for its travel-retail business covering Europe and the Middle East.
Dave West, raised eyebrows last week with his decision to, well, head west and leave his post as Hershey chief executive for the top job at Del Monte Foods. But will Hershey's fortunes head south in t...
The surprise announcement that Dave West would be quitting as Hershey chief executive hit the US chocolate giant's shares and brought uncertainty to a company that has enjoyed something of a revival i...
Sainsbury's, the UK's third-largest grocer, heightened its promotional activity during May, according to the latest just-food Promo Tracker....
Asda has defended its revamp its salads supply chain, a move that could lead to own-label manufacturer Bakkavor cutting jobs....
Own-label manufacturer Bakkavor was warned that over 100 staff could face losing their jobs after a supply review by Asda....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review