CHINA: Hershey to trial Jolly Rancher brand
Hershey has revealed it will trial another of its international brands, Jolly Rancher candy, in China this year.
The US confectionery giant, which has made a big push in China in recent years through organic expansion and M&A, is to test Jolly Rancher in the market.
Bert Alfonso, president of Hershey's international business, told the Consumer Analyst Group of New York conference last week the company is "planning to pilot Jolly Rancher" in China.
Hershey has five "global" brands - Jolly Rancher, Ice Breakers, Reese's, Kisses and its namesake brand.
It already sells the three global chocolate brands in China - Hershey's, Reese's and Kisses - while last year it tested Ice Breakers in the market.
In December, Hershey struck a deal to buy an 80% stake in local confectioner Shanghai Golden Monkey.
In May, the company opened an R&D centre in Shanghai to serve China and other markets in Asia. That month, Hershey launched a confectionery brand outside the US for the first time with the roll out of Lancaster milk candies.
Jolly Rancher is already on sale in Mexico. It made its debut in India in December when Hershey launched a range of Jolly Rancher lollipops.
The Hershey Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
The company is looking to continue its strategy of “predictable, profitable and sustainable North American business”. In order to reach this goal, Hershey is investing more heavily in advertising and ...
About Confectionery The Confectionery market in the US is comprised of chocolates, sugar confectionery, and gum. In 2013, the Chocolate segment was the leader in the Confectionery market in the US fol...
Confectionery comprises of chocolate, sugar confectionery, and gum. Cocoa and sugar are the raw materials for chocolate and latex is the raw material used for gum. Many new varieties of confectionery ...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Industry news of week - Green Giant, Just Mayo
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis