CHINA: Hershey to trial Jolly Rancher brand
Hershey has revealed it will trial another of its international brands, Jolly Rancher candy, in China this year.
The US confectionery giant, which has made a big push in China in recent years through organic expansion and M&A, is to test Jolly Rancher in the market.
Bert Alfonso, president of Hershey's international business, told the Consumer Analyst Group of New York conference last week the company is "planning to pilot Jolly Rancher" in China.
Hershey has five "global" brands - Jolly Rancher, Ice Breakers, Reese's, Kisses and its namesake brand.
It already sells the three global chocolate brands in China - Hershey's, Reese's and Kisses - while last year it tested Ice Breakers in the market.
In December, Hershey struck a deal to buy an 80% stake in local confectioner Shanghai Golden Monkey.
In May, the company opened an R&D centre in Shanghai to serve China and other markets in Asia. That month, Hershey launched a confectionery brand outside the US for the first time with the roll out of Lancaster milk candies.
Jolly Rancher is already on sale in Mexico. It made its debut in India in December when Hershey launched a range of Jolly Rancher lollipops.
The Hershey Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
Canadean's "The Hershey Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contain...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Hershey is poised for ongoing growth with a raft of new products about to be or recently launched. It is also becoming increasingly aggressive at targeting international markets to overcome what has l...
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report