USA: Hershey town will not take a new name
The people of Derry Township, home to Hershey Foods, have voted not to change the town's name to Hershey Township. The town is generally known as Hershey, Pennsylvania, but its official name is Derry Township. Following the debacle of a proposed sale of the company this summer, voters were asked to consider in a referendum whether the town's name should be changed to identify it more closely with the company, and to protect the town's name in the event that the company were sold.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk