USA: Hershey trust meets to consider alternatives to sale
The trust that holds a controlling stake in Hershey Foods is meeting today [Tuesday] to discuss how it moves forward with its proposed sale of the company. A Pennsylvania court has enjoined the trust from selling Hershey while it considers an appeal from opponents to the sale. Local opposition to the proposed sale is likely to slow the sale process and could even make it impossible.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations