USA: Hershey Trust reaffirms commitment to Hershey Foods sale options
Philadelphia-based confectionery giant Hershey Foods is looking certain to go under the hammer as Robert C. Vowler, president and CEO of major shareholder Hershey Trust Co, reiterated the Trust's commitment to exploring the sale options for the firm. The Hershey Trust board met yesterday [Wednesday] to discuss its plan to explore the possible sale of Hershey Foods. According to Vowler, it "continues to believe this course is in keeping with its fiduciary responsibility to protect and preserve the Trust which, through the Milton Hershey School, serves children in need and which intends to serve even more children in the future".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery