USA: Hershey Trust reaffirms commitment to Hershey Foods sale options
Philadelphia-based confectionery giant Hershey Foods is looking certain to go under the hammer as Robert C. Vowler, president and CEO of major shareholder Hershey Trust Co, reiterated the Trust's commitment to exploring the sale options for the firm. The Hershey Trust board met yesterday [Wednesday] to discuss its plan to explore the possible sale of Hershey Foods. According to Vowler, it "continues to believe this course is in keeping with its fiduciary responsibility to protect and preserve the Trust which, through the Milton Hershey School, serves children in need and which intends to serve even more children in the future".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly