USA: Hershey Trust to get chance to argue against injunction
A Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court yesterday [Thursday] scheduled a hearing for next Wednesday to hear the arguments of the charitable trust that owns Hershey Foods for an appeal of a temporary court injunction on the sale of the candy giant. Rick Kelly, a spokesman for the Hershey Trust, which controls a majority stake in Hershey Foods on behalf of the Milton Hershey School, is quoted in the Wall Street Journal as saying: "We regard this prompt response as a positive and will be prepared to present our case next week."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations