USA: Hershey Trust to get chance to argue against injunction
A Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court yesterday [Thursday] scheduled a hearing for next Wednesday to hear the arguments of the charitable trust that owns Hershey Foods for an appeal of a temporary court injunction on the sale of the candy giant. Rick Kelly, a spokesman for the Hershey Trust, which controls a majority stake in Hershey Foods on behalf of the Milton Hershey School, is quoted in the Wall Street Journal as saying: "We regard this prompt response as a positive and will be prepared to present our case next week."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw