AUSTRIA: Hiestand opens first 'bakery market'
Swiss industrial baker Hiestand is growing its Austrian operation. Managing director Fredy Hiestand has just invested Ös60m in a 22 000m2 facility comprising production units, storage warehouses, logistics centre and restaurant in a business park outside Vienna.Hiestand's Austrian subsidiary currently payrolls 41 employees, but this number will grow fast. Hiestand said the operation needs to generate annual turnover in the region of Ös80m to ensure profitability and further growth.Hiestand employs 1200 workers in eleven different countries. The listed group reported 1999 annual sales worth SFr163m, an increae of 23% on the previous year. Operating profit climbed 34% to SFr15.7m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action