H.I.G Capital acquires majority stake in Adelie Foods
Adelie Foods has been acquired by H.I.G Capital
Global investment firm H.I.G Capital has announced the acquisition of a majority stake in food-to-go business Adelie Foods.
The deal will enable Adelie to continue plans for expansion in the food-to-go sector. Adelie supplies foodservice and retail customers with chilled food products. It owns the Urban sandwich brand.
Adelie CEO Gavin Cox said: "We have been engaged in the process of seeking a new investor for the business for several months and I am delighted that we have now reached an agreement with like-minded partners who are such a strong cultural fit for our organisation and are fully supportive of our plans for growth, both in our home and international markets.”
Commercial director at Adelie, John Hyman added: "The fact that we have been able to attract investment from an organisation of H.I.G’s calibre is a fantastic testament to the progress we have made since the formation of Adelie Foods in 2010. This deal has given us a great platform on which to develop our position in the UK Food-to-Go market and in turn to work in partnership with our customers to support their growth plans in this dynamic sector.”
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review