CANADA: High Liner Foods slashes 160 jobs in Lunenburg
Canadian food processor and marketer High Liner Foods is to close its wetfish operations in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia on 31 December 2002, with the loss of about 160 jobs. President and CEO Henry Demone explained: "Over the past three years, the competitive challenges facing the wetfish operations have been openly and honestly shared with employees.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action