USA: Atkins diet: high profits for some, losses for others (COMMENT)
The US bread industry was expected to hold a crisis summit last week to discuss the recent fall in sales due to rising interest in protein-rich, low carbohydrate regimes such as Atkins. While Atkins has propelled sales for low-carb alternatives, high carbohydrate staples like bread and pasta could suffer significant losses if Atkins is here to stay.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO