UK: Hilton "encouraged" by start of year
UK-based meat packer Hilton Food Group has said that it is "encouraged" by the start it has made in the beginning of this fiscal year.
During the period, Hilton said that its performance had been "in line" with the board's expectations.
"Despite challenging conditions for the consumer in some markets, we have continued to benefit from our geographical diversity and grow the business," Hilton said today (17 May).
Hilton said the company's western European operations had benefited from the continuing recovery of the Swedish economy and made "good progress" across the region. In central Europe, where Hilton operates in seven countries, the company said that it has continued to "perform well".
"Overall, Hilton is encouraged by the start to the current financial year. The group will continue to explore opportunities to grow the business in both domestic and overseas markets," Hilton said.
The company is scheduled to issue a pre-close trading statement on 21 July.
UK meat supplier Hilton Food Group said today (3 November) it was "encouraged" with its performance this year after reporting recent trading had been "in line" with expectations....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review