INDIA: Hindustan Foods, Danone's Nutricia strike cereals deal
Indian food group Hindustan Foods has struck a deal to produce weaning cereals for Danone in the local market.
In a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange, Hindustan said it agreed with Danone's Indian arm, Nutricia International Pvt Ltd, a five-year deal to manufacture the products at its site in Goa.
Nutricia International Pvt. Ltd became the name of Danone's baby food and medical nutrition business in India when it acquired the nutrition assets of local firm Wockhardt Group in 2012.
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Sustainability Watch: The US packaging challenge
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Why US foodservice could offer route to growth
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- WhiteWave launches "Australian-style" yoghurt
- Bright Food "to buy 70% of Tnuva"
- Saputo's Warrnambool to buy Lion's cheese arm
- Thorntons sales, profits fall