INDIA: Hindustan Foods, Danone's Nutricia strike cereals deal
Indian food group Hindustan Foods has struck a deal to produce weaning cereals for Danone in the local market.
In a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange, Hindustan said it agreed with Danone's Indian arm, Nutricia International Pvt Ltd, a five-year deal to manufacture the products at its site in Goa.
Nutricia International Pvt. Ltd became the name of Danone's baby food and medical nutrition business in India when it acquired the nutrition assets of local firm Wockhardt Group in 2012.
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- How Nestle, R&R stand to benefit from ice cream JV
- Hain Celestial eyes disposals, forms venture unit
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Dole faces DoJ probe over listeria outbreak
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- Amplify Snack Brands acquires Boundless Nutrition