INDIA: Hindustan Foods, Danone's Nutricia strike cereals deal
Indian food group Hindustan Foods has struck a deal to produce weaning cereals for Danone in the local market.
In a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange, Hindustan said it agreed with Danone's Indian arm, Nutricia International Pvt Ltd, a five-year deal to manufacture the products at its site in Goa.
Nutricia International Pvt. Ltd became the name of Danone's baby food and medical nutrition business in India when it acquired the nutrition assets of local firm Wockhardt Group in 2012.
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Lay's heads "billionaire food brands" list
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia
- Wessanen to buy dairy-free drinks firm Abafoods