INDIA: Hindustan Foods, Danone's Nutricia strike cereals deal
Indian food group Hindustan Foods has struck a deal to produce weaning cereals for Danone in the local market.
In a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange, Hindustan said it agreed with Danone's Indian arm, Nutricia International Pvt Ltd, a five-year deal to manufacture the products at its site in Goa.
Nutricia International Pvt. Ltd became the name of Danone's baby food and medical nutrition business in India when it acquired the nutrition assets of local firm Wockhardt Group in 2012.
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Comment: Kingsmill "youth" appeal bodes well
- BRICs: How dairy deal bolsters Lactalis and BRF
- Glanbia to buy US sports nutrition firm Isopure
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Arla joins race for Egypt's Arab Dairy
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Mondelez pauses production at Cadbury Oz site