INDIA: Hindustan Foods, Danone's Nutricia strike cereals deal
Indian food group Hindustan Foods has struck a deal to produce weaning cereals for Danone in the local market.
In a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange, Hindustan said it agreed with Danone's Indian arm, Nutricia International Pvt Ltd, a five-year deal to manufacture the products at its site in Goa.
Nutricia International Pvt. Ltd became the name of Danone's baby food and medical nutrition business in India when it acquired the nutrition assets of local firm Wockhardt Group in 2012.
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Cheese maker Entremont moves into frozen food
- B&G to acquire Green Giant from General Mills