INDIA: Hindustan Lever to launch low priced confectionary product next month
Industry spectators have said that Hindustan Lever's (HLL) expected entry into the confectionary market may come as early as next month, but Industry sources have dismissed the idea that HLL will acquire a smaller brand. The company is launching a sugar boiled product at a low price point to rival the market shares of existing players in the Rs 1,200 crore confectionary sector. The launch is expected to prompt a price war, as HLL's candy will be priced around 50% lower than the similar products manufactured by
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast