INDIA: Hindustan Lever to launch low priced confectionary product next month
Industry spectators have said that Hindustan Lever's (HLL) expected entry into the confectionary market may come as early as next month, but Industry sources have dismissed the idea that HLL will acquire a smaller brand. The company is launching a sugar boiled product at a low price point to rival the market shares of existing players in the Rs 1,200 crore confectionary sector. The launch is expected to prompt a price war, as HLL's candy will be priced around 50% lower than the similar products manufactured by
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin