INDIA: Hindustan Lever to launch low priced confectionary product next month
Industry spectators have said that Hindustan Lever's (HLL) expected entry into the confectionary market may come as early as next month, but Industry sources have dismissed the idea that HLL will acquire a smaller brand. The company is launching a sugar boiled product at a low price point to rival the market shares of existing players in the Rs 1,200 crore confectionary sector. The launch is expected to prompt a price war, as HLL's candy will be priced around 50% lower than the similar products manufactured by
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report