POLAND: HKScan sells shares in Polish JV in Danish Crown
Saturn Nordic Holding holds 100% of the shares of Sokolów, which has been HKScan's joint venture in Poland. HKScan will keep its wholly-owned subsidiary, HKScan Poland, located in Swinoujscie, Poland.
Danish Crown is paying HKScan EUR180m to take sole control of a venture the two sides set up in 2004.
HKScan said Sokolów had been "profitable and growing, benefiting both parties during the co-operation". In 2013, HKScan's 50% share of Sokolów's net sales was EUR 375m. "The good financial performance and strong growth of Sokolów has impacted positively the value of the business," HKScan said.
However, HKScan president and CEO Hannu Kottonen added: "The deal is positive for all parties. For HKScan, the divestment enables the group to accelerate setting an even stronger focus on our other home markets.
"We continue building HKScan as one strong Nordic Group focusing on branded meat business. The deal resulting in strong balance sheet and lower net financial costs will improve our prerequisites for speeding-up the strategic work to invest in our strong brand offering as well as on related production facilities and technologies."
Canadean's "Danish Crown Group: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company ove...
Canadean's "HKScan Corporation : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a...
As a further step in an ongoing process to clarify and streamline its legal structure, HKScan Oyj on 2 June 2014 merged its two Estonian subsidiaries, Rakvere Lihakombinaat AS and Tallegg AS, to form ...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global meat market during February 2014....
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019