POLAND: HKScan sells shares in Polish JV in Danish Crown
Saturn Nordic Holding holds 100% of the shares of Sokolów, which has been HKScan's joint venture in Poland. HKScan will keep its wholly-owned subsidiary, HKScan Poland, located in Swinoujscie, Poland.
Danish Crown is paying HKScan EUR180m to take sole control of a venture the two sides set up in 2004.
HKScan said Sokolów had been "profitable and growing, benefiting both parties during the co-operation". In 2013, HKScan's 50% share of Sokolów's net sales was EUR 375m. "The good financial performance and strong growth of Sokolów has impacted positively the value of the business," HKScan said.
However, HKScan president and CEO Hannu Kottonen added: "The deal is positive for all parties. For HKScan, the divestment enables the group to accelerate setting an even stronger focus on our other home markets.
"We continue building HKScan as one strong Nordic Group focusing on branded meat business. The deal resulting in strong balance sheet and lower net financial costs will improve our prerequisites for speeding-up the strategic work to invest in our strong brand offering as well as on related production facilities and technologies."
Canned food products refer to processed food items that are available in airtight suitable metal cans with added preservatives. Short cooking time, long shelf life, and easy storage are some of the fa...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights