USA: Hobart - your pastrami sandwich just got safer - COMMENT
Hobart will use Microban's antibacterial system in its slicing machines. Although the technology has been available for years, Hobart will be the first manufacturer to include antimicrobial product protection in food industry equipment, hoping to capitalize on consumer fears over contaminated deli products. Other firms are likely to follow Hobart's lead, boosting interest in the company and in the sector as a whole.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry