GERMANY: Hochland buys local Danone cheese brand
German cheese producer Hochland has secured anti-trust clearance for the acquisition of local brand Gervais from Danone.
Hochland today (19 December) confirmed the deal, struck for an undisclosed sum, had received regulatory approval from Germany's competition authorities.
A spokesperson for Hochland said the Gervais brand was sold under two products - Hüttenkäse, or cottage cheese, and Kräuterquark, or curd cheese with herbs.
She said the products "stand for quality, naturalness and freshness and thus fit Hochland's portfolio well".
Danone will continue to manufacture the products at its Rosenheim plant for a minimum of five years.
The French food giant wants to focus on its Danone-branded products in Germany.
Danone’s key interests in packaged food are dairy and baby food. The company’s dairy presence however remains overly reliant on the mature Western European market. Baby food growth for the company has...
2012 saw other dairy witness aggressive new product development in different categories. Almarai introduced its sour cream in mid-2012 whereas Al Safi Danone entered the market of chilled sour cream b...
After the company was acquired by Groupe Danone, the process of business integration commenced. Business processes and product portfolio optimisation resulted in new product launches and acquisitions....
General Mills, which has struggled to grow its US yoghurt brands, said yesterday (30 May) it would look to marketing and innovation to revitalise sales in the increasingly promotional category....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Functional Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Cereals and Grains, Beverages, Dairy Products, Snacks, and Other Functional...
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- Unilever sees lacklustre H1 food sales
- Hovis eyes Leicester bakery closure
- FSA ordered to carry out review on 2 Sisters
- Danone H1 profits down but sticks to FY goals
- Australian dairy innovation "hub" targets Asia