UPDATE: UK: Hodgson exit heralds Waitrose shake-up
Hodgson's departure was announced this morning (8 June) and later in the day Waitrose said it had "drawn on its own talent pool" for two new appointments.
Mark Williamson, supply chain director, will now move into the role of commercial director and Rupert Thomas, director of marketing (commercial), has been promoted to the Waitrose management board as marketing director.
Williamson started his career in marketing and buying with Tesco before moving to Sainsbury’s. He took up up his role with Waitrose in 2004.
An announcement on a supply chain director is expected in several weeks.
Thomas' appointment follows Waitrose's decision to move its marketing function out of the commercial directorate.
Thomas took on the job of marketing director in March 2009, six years after joining Waitrose. He has led the development of entry-level, own-label line Essential Waitrose and the creation of the Duchy Originals from Waitrose range.
Mark Price, managing director for Waitrose said: “Richard has done a great job for Waitrose but I respect his wish to return to Yorkshire. He goes with our gratitude and all good wishes for the future.”
However, he added: “To have two such high-calibre individuals to take on these important positions is evidence of the quality of talent in Waitrose. Mark and Rupert bring the leadership, energy and skills to fuel the momentum of this business.”
Two Danone brands, Actimel and Activia, topped the list of the most-promoted food brands in the UK in November, according to the latest just-food Promo Tracker....
Tesco announced today (30 November) it will launch seven ethnic ranges in the UK this week....
Analysts have rubbished speculation that UK grocer Morrisons might be considering bidding for online retailer Ocado....
As Ireland's economic crisis dominated the business pages, data on the country's grocery retail sector suggested it was returning to growth after months in the doldrums. However, will Dublin's IMF-bac...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review