USA: Holding companies for specialty foods file chapter 11 petitions as part of previously-announced plan
Specialty Foods announced that its affiliated non-operating holding companies today filed Chapter 11 petitions in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware. The company said its operating companies -- Mother's Cake & Cookies, Archway Cookies and Andre- Boudin Bakeries -- are conducting business as usual and will not file for bankruptcy.Specialty Foods said the filings are part of its previously-announced financial reorganization plan. In June, the company announced that it had reached agreement with its bondholders for the distribution of proceeds from the sale of its remaining businesses. On September 12, 2000, Specialty Foods announced an agreement to sell Mother's and Archway to Parmalat SpA for $250 million. That announcement said completion of the transaction is subject to customary governmental approval and certain conditions related to the financial reorganization of the Specialty Foods parent holding companies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report