CANADA: Home comfort for Planet Organic
Canadian retailer Planet Organic Health Corp. today (27 November) booked a jump in first-quarter revenue on the back of rising domestic same-store sales.
The company, which runs natural food supermarkets in Canada and the US, posted turnover of C$30m (US$24.3m) for the three months to 30 September, a rise of 16.7%.
Same-store sales from the Planet Organic Market stores rose 19.4%. Revenues from the division jumped 24.5% to C$14.6m.
Planet Organic's Mrs Green's Natural Market stores in the US saw same-store sales rise 8%. Total revenues and same-store revenues were equal, the retailer said.
The company's full first-quarter financial results are due on Monday (1 December).
Canadian natural and organic retailer Planet Organic has posted a dip in second-quarter earnings, despite a 16.8% jump in sales....
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target