USA: Homeless McDonald's customer becomes McMillionaire in PR stunt
In a bid to undo the damage of its latest scratch card competition, which was recently exposed as a scam, burger behemoth McDonald's has turned a former homeless American man into a millionaire. McDonald's says it selected 35-year-old drifter Patrick Collier at random as one of five US consumers to receive a US$1m cheque. Another 50 customers were handed US$100,000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea