ARGENTINA/US: Honey "dumping" investigated
During the first week of November the United States department of commerce announced that it would look into the "dumping" of honey by Argentinean exporters. The Commerce Department investigation will focus on whether Argentinean honey is sold at below production cost and whether government subsidies give producers there an unfair market advantage. The investigation was requested by the American Honey Producers Association, which argues that it has been harmed for over a year by low priced imports from Argentina. They maintain that Argentina's four leading honey exporters had a margin of dumping in the range of 30% and 40%. If unfair trade practices are determined to exist, this could lead the United States to apply a protective import tax. At present the United States is the destination for 50% of Argentina's honey exports. Argentina is the world's largest honey exporter and export sales are valued at US$100m per annum.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review