CHINA: Hong Kong "approves WH Group listing plan"
WH Group "planning IPO"
WH Group, formerly Shuanghui International, has declined to comment on reports that it is preparing to list in Hong Kong.
According to a report in The Wall Street Journal, the company started investor meetings today (31 March) as it kicked off its premarket process in order to gauge investor appetite for an initial public offering. The WSJ said WH Group has secured approval from the Hong Kong Stock Exchange for the listing.
Citing unidentified sources, the newspaper said WH Group hopes to raise US$5-6bn, or 20 times its forecast earnings for 2014.
A spokesperson for the group told just-food the Chinese pork processor was not commenting on whether it plans to list.
Industry pundits believe much of the proceeds would be used to deleverage WH Group's balance sheet. China's largest pork group raised its debt burden in order to fund last year's takeover of US pork giant Smithfield Foods, which it acquired for $4.7bn.
In acquiring Smithfield, WH Group became the world's largest pork firm and secured supplies of US hogs to meet growing demand for pork in China.
However, while a swelling middle class has resulted in dynamic growth in the pork sector, the industry is faced with a number of challenges. Notably, recent events - such as last year's Jiapingtang River disaster where 16,000 dead pigs were found in the water - have meant food safety issues remain centre stage in China.
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Ambient Meat category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution cha...
Spain-based meats group Campofrio has booked a half-year loss but claimed it was on the right track after seeing sales and EBITDA increase year-on-year....
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provi...
WH Group, the world's largest pork processor, has relaunched plans for a listing in Hong Kong....
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It a...
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Focus: Can BRF deliver aggressive growth?
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Dutch confirm second bird flu outbreak
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Dairy Product Production in China
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report