USA: Horace citizens set world record during Bean Days Festival
The 941 citizens of Horace, North Dakota will celebrate their annual Bean Days Festival by setting a new world record for creating the world's largest pot of baked beans. The pot will hold 350 gallons of baked beans, earning a place for the town in the Guiness Book of Records. According to the North Dakota Department of Agriculture, North Dakota is the largest producer of dry beans in the US, growing more than 30% of the nation's total.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry