USA: Horizon Organic Brand introduced in the UK
Horizon Organic Holding Corporation (Nasdaq: HCOW), the nation's leading producer of organic dairy products, today announced that Horizon Organic branded milk has reached the United Kingdom.As planned, the introduction of Horizon Organic milk in the UK began last week with the delivery of "lunchbox" size milk to Sainsbury's, a leading grocery chain with over 300 outlets. The brightly colored 250-ml containers feature the famous Horizon Organic "Happy Cow." Such packaging is unique in the UK market and has generated great reaction from children and parents."The launch of Horizon Organic brand milk this month is the latest step in our international growth strategy. We now have in place a strong UK management team to lead the Horizon Organic brand introduction as well as manage Rachel's Organic Dairy and Meadow Farms. We remain confident that the U.K. businesses will have a meaningful impact on earnings in 2001," stated Chuck Marcy, Horizon Organic president and chief executive officer.Over the next 12 months, the company will expand the Horizon Organic offerings throughout the UK. "Consumer interest in purchasing organically produced foods continues to grow in the UK and Horizon Organic will be ready to meet this demand," said Marcy.In the U.S., Horizon Organic produces and markets the leading brand of certified organic milk and a full line of refrigerated, certified organic dairy products. The company also markets certified organic eggs and juices. Horizon Organic products can be found in conventional supermarkets and natural foods stores across the U.S. and in the U.K. For more information, please visit the Company's web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- UK yogurt makers call for added sugar "clarity"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review